Tracking and Tagging with Google Tag Manager
Learn How to Tag Your Website and Track Conversions With Ease!
The Google Tag Manager is a powerful tool that allows you to tag every page on your website with what is called a “container tag”. With this container tag in place, you are free to deploy any marketing tagging and tracking you like WITHOUT touching your website code.
For example if you want to track a form on your website and there is no thank you page, you can track this with ease using the Google Tag Manager without coding in the tracking event. All you need to do is the initial setup and you’re ready to go!
The Biggest Digital Marketing Development of the Last 8 Years
The Google Tag Manager eliminates the need to continuously consult a website developer to add marketing tags to your website, reducing costs, time and the prohibitive need to access website code. You will be free to roll out any new marketing tool, like Google Ads, Analytics, Facebook Ads pixels and many many more!
One of the most difficult parts of being a digital marketer is learning the technical side of tagging and tracking, many marketers put it off because it’s a completely different skill set to the usual digital marketing tasks of creating ads, optimization and testing.
This course is here to develop your technical skills leaving you confident that you will be able to track all of your website activity.
You Have Access to the Course Tutor
When learning a new skill or developing your knowledge through online training, it is important that you still have the full classroom experience. This means you should have the ability to ask the tutor a question about anything you encounter within the course. Use our ‘Ask the Tutor’ system to submit a question directly to the course tutor and receive an email notification when your question has been promptly answered. All learners enrolled on our courses will have full access to this feature.
Learning Outcomes for the Course
- Understand the function of the Google Tag Manager and how it works
- Create a Google Tag Manage account and implement the container tag
- Validate you container tag with the Google Chrome Tag Assistant
- Demonstrate the structure of the Google Tag Manager (tags, triggers and variables)
- Fully implement Google Analytics page tracking across your website
- Track Google Ads conversions and Google Analytics events
- Enable cross domain tagging to track activity across multiple domains
- Set up advanced tracking of events and conversions (e.g. form submissions and clicks to specific links)
- Understand how to troubleshoot and test tags that you create
- Lectures 22
- Quizzes 0
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 12
- Certificate Yes
- Assessments Yes
Setup of Google Tag Manager
- Creating a Google Tag Manager Account
- Installing the Container Tag (WordPress)
- Installing the Container Tag (Raw HTML Code)
- Testing the Tag with The Google Tag Assistant (Chrome Plugin)
- Understanding Google Tag Manager Account Structure (tags, variables and triggers)
- Google Analytics Setup Using the Google Tag Manager
Event, Conversion Tracking and Tagging with Google Tag Manager
- Introduction to Triggers and Google Analytics Events
- How to Add the Google Ads Global Site Tag with Tag Manager
- How to Add the Google Ads Conversion Linker Via Tag Manager
- How to Track ALL Website Forms with No “Thank You” Page – Google Ads Conversion Tracking
- How to Track SPECIFIC Website Forms with No “Thank You” Page – Google Ads Conversion Tracking
- How to Track Forms with No “Thank You” Page – Google Analytics Event
- How to Convert an Analytics Event into a Goal
- How to Track Across Multiple Domains
- How to Email Link Clicks as Analytics Events
- How to Track External Link Clicks as Analytics Events
Testing and Troubleshooting